Last updated May 24, 2017
What Information Does the Uprising Service Collect and Process for Organizational Clients?
When operating as a data processor for our clients the following will apply to our Service. Uprising will process directory information about Client constituents that falls within the definition of “Directory Information” in accordance with the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) including:
- Address (local, permanent residence and electronic mail)
- Telephone number
- Class level (semester class or level: firstyear, sophomore, junior, senior, etc.)
- Student activities
- Dates of attendance
- Enrollment status (fulltime, parttime, or not enrolled)
- Date of graduation
- Degrees and awards received and where received
- Most recent educational institution attended
We may also collect and process online information on behalf of our Organizational Clients including:
- Links to the online location of publicly accessible constituent information
- Links to the online location of approved private online profile information
- Employment history and professional or personal skills and interests made publicly available or specifically authorized for sharing with the Client
We use this information to:
- Allow clients to use our Service to search and view data on constituents through a single interface and on
- Help client organizations maintain current internal records on constituents
- Identity trending areas of interest among constituents
Uprising collects information under the direction of its clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. Uprising works with its clients to help them provide notice to their customers concerning the purpose for which personal information is collected.
Access to Data Controlled by Our Organizational Clients
Uprising has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of a client organization. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should
make the appropriate changes or deletions through the client administrator (the data controller). If the Client requests Uprising remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
Each Organizational client controls which constituent records exist within the Service. Personal information on students who have elected to not have their directory information disclosed should not be loaded to the Service if it will be used by individuals other than authorized school officials with legitimate educational interest. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services to our customers. Uprising will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Each Uprising Organizational Client retains its own Virtual Private Cloud environment. No personally identifiable information on Client constituents is shared between clients or used directly by Uprising for purposes other than to provide the Service to the Client as defined in the license agreement and Client Subscription Terms and Conditions.
Uprising takes appropriate steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. When you enter sensitive information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Please keep in mind, however, that there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or erro rfree. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and passwords.
Information Collection and Use on the Uprising Web Site
Uprising may collect personal data from our customers both online and offline. In many cases, such information will be collected directly from you, such as through a transaction or inquiry, or your submission of a form, registration, or
communication to us. Information may also be gathered from thirdparty sources (including without limitation, optin lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies, other companies, and referrals) and through your activities and interactions with us. We may combine data collected from these disparate sources unless we tell you otherwise. Uprising collects personal data about its customers in a number of ways. In this section, we describe what types of personal data we collect, the ways we collect it, and how we use it. While we have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. The types of personal data typically collected by Uprising may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information, including name, title, street address (home, work), postal code, country, telephone
numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), company name, and other similar information.
- Personal/demographic information, including gender, level of education and the like.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, login names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in
addition to other personal data such as contact information and the like).
- Transactional information, including products or services you inquire about, or request
- User content, including information provided when you use one of our online services, forums or other online means of communications, and all other user submissions and content you provide.
- Registration (memberships, accounts (i.e., logins and passwords, etc.)) and participation in online communities/provision of usergenerated content. Customers may be given an opportunity to register for a variety of reasons, including to receive promotional communications/offers; to join/participate in an online community, blog, or other interactive areas or to otherwise provide user generated content (such as posting favorite photos/videos/audio recordings, providing testimonials, sharing experiences about Uprising products, etc.); to attend an event (e.g., a conference); and so on. Such activities may entail collection of name, title, contact information, birth date, username and password, email address, experiences with Uprising products, and personal information/preferences related to the subject matter of the particular activity. In some cases, you will select a user ID and password when you register, and you will use this to gain access to certain registrationrestricted areas. Note that using a Uprising website as a registered user enables information that is passively collected as you navigate the website to be associated with personal data actively collected from you on the website. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To contact us with questions, comment, or concerns. We provide a number of ways for you to contact us to ask questions, provide comments, or share concerns. This may occur, for example, via the “contact us” sections on Uprising websites, or postal mail. Depending on the circumstances, we may collect your name, title, contact information, message type, case number (if tied to a previous issue), comments, and other types of data relevant to the specific situation (e.g., product involved, use of the product, any problems with the product, and the like).
- To provide materials you request. Uprising may collect and use contact name, title, contact information, demographic information, preferences, and other information relevant to responding to your request.
- For marketing purposes (unless you have told us otherwise). We may use your contact information to tell you about our products and services that we believe might be of interest. If at any time you do not want communications for promotional purposes, please let us know.
This list is for illustrative purposes only and should not be considered exhaustive. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may disclose personal data you provide to partners and to consultants, service providers, and contractors that we use to support our business and operations (e.g., delivery services, financial institutions, fulfillment services, technical support, advertising, public relations, media and marketing services, legal
We want to keep in touch with you in ways that you find to be beneficial. By submitting personal contact information, you are agreeing that we may communicate with you via email, telephone, direct mail, and/or other means of
communication. If you don’t want us to use your contact information for promotional purposes (such as to tell you about other products and services that might be of interest), please tell us that when you provide your contact information. Keep in mind that these preferences regarding promotional contacts do not mean that we might not contact you for other reasons, such as those related to an order you placed, an inquiry you made, a newsletter to which you may have subscribed (unless you have unsubscribed), a membership you undertook, an event for which you registered, a legally required notice, and so on.
We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along
with their testimonial. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us via the information below.
Social Media Widgets
Our Web site includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook and Twitter buttons and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive miniprograms that run on our site. These Features may collect your IP address, which
page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these
as follows: Uprising Technology, Inc. P.O.Box A3594, Chicago, Illinois, 60690 . Or email to email@example.com .