JOIN THE UPRISING
Empower higher education by transforming disparate, outdated data into actionable knowledge.
Top 10 reasons to become an Upriser
We are an awesome team with a killer combination of amazing talents. We are bright, resourceful, creative, with a commitment to innovation in technology. We work hard and have good fun doing it.
We offer salaries based on your mad skills and previous experience.
Everyone gets a piece of the Awesomeness!
Every team member should get a chance at owning part of the Uprising. Our compensation includes generous stock options.
Who doesn’t like Free Drinks and Munchies?
Work hard and play hard. Many team outings help keep everyone sane (or our version of).
Choose your Toys
Mac or PC it’s your call, you just need to be able to support your own.
Open Vacation Policy
Unlimited paid time off - Take the time you need to Refresh & Recharge, just make sure it’s good for your health and the teams. One caveat...When you’re on vacation you must be ON VACATION! offline & off the grid.
Flexible Work Schedule
After one year earning your street cred’, take a trip & work remote for a month. Want to spend July working from France? As long as you can be online when the rest of us are awake- we’re cool with it.
New Year’s Eve, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Halloween (Yes! That’s right), Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Plus 2 personal Holidays of your choosing.
We want our team to be knowledgeable on the latest and greatest technology. Technology never stops evolving and neither will we.
Located in the Heart of Chicago's Loop
Wework National building! - a beautifully renovated shared office space. Central location provides access to public transportation options. Bonus! Revival Food Hall is located on the first floor of the building, you don't need to go far to enjoy the taste of local favorites.
Senior Python Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Pythonista to...
- Leverage technology and data to connect people and make the world a better place
- Work in fast-paced technology company delivering a great product for a good cause: higher ed
- Get into “the zone” and have fun writing well-crafted code on a daily basis
- Use bleeding-edge technology to deliver cutting-edge solutions
- Work with other awesome developers as a supportive member of a diverse team
- Surf the waves of startup with a sense of humor and a smile
- Bring happiness, dedication, and transparency to work every day
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Will own key microservices (some existing, many new) of an enterprise-class Cloud SaaS webapp platform with a nearly 100% Python backend
- Help make key future technology decisions in areas such as database and data model design, search optimization, API design, authentication, and microservices architecture
- Design, prototype, code, test, and document, to take designs all the way from whiteboard architecture to production software
- Deploy via a Continuous Integration/Delivery system with automated tests
- Lead exciting (and some not-so-exciting) tech discussions and code reviews
- Contribute to an innovative, accountable, and positive engineering culture
- Collaborate with the CEO, program leads, developers, and customers to define and deliver innovative data solutions
- Work mostly onsite at office in the Chicago Loop
Client Happiness Manager
We are looking for a Client Happiness Manager to ...
- Be responsible for driving engagement, adoption and retention primarily in strategic enterprise accounts and mid market accounts, while also serving as the product owner for specific features and services.
- Be the primary advocate for each customer, tasked with guiding them to success through engaging resources across Uprising to accelerate the adoption and expansion of Uprising.
- Dive deep in project talks with developers some days, other days you'll be proving ROI with CIOs and foundation presidents.
- Achieve product feature adoption, renewal/expansion and client advocacy outcomes.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for making the world a better place through technology.
- Bring happiness, dedication, and transparency to work every day.
- Own the ultimate success of Uprising’s customers, including customer onboarding, project success, adoption, and renewal. You ensure that customers derive maximum value from their investments by fully leveraging their subscription and services.
- Manage the onboarding of new customers: Orchestrate onboarding program through both directly leading certain activities, such as initial orientation and discovering business objectives, and working cross-functionally with our support and services teams to proactively manage each customer's successful deployment.
- Prepare and deliver content to educate customers in the business value of Uprising and leverage other programs to continue adding both technical and business value to customers.
- Monitor customer health trends and execute activities based on risks and opportunities. This could include running a strategic session to uncover new use cases, or partnering with our developers to deliver a deep technical workshop.
- Build a regular cadence with enterprise customers to review the progress of implementation, achievement of goals, provide valuable input and advice and act as the customer advocate - relaying feedback and escalating issues within Uprising.
- Outcomes you'll achieve include driving NPS scores, decreasing time to deployment, ensure customer referenceability and advocacy.
- Collaborate closely with CEO, VPs and client focus group members to help define and deliver on the product roadmap.
- Roll up sleeves and dive in to configure and test Uprising’s products and services.
- Review, research and resolve support requests.
- Assist in sales process via proposal development and work estimation.
- Work mostly onsite at office in the Chicago Loop.
- Up to 15% travel required.