JOIN THE UPRISING
Empower higher education by transforming disparate, outdated data into actionable knowledge.
Top 10 reasons to become an Upriser
We are an awesome team with a killer combination of amazing talents. We are bright, resourceful, creative, with a commitment to innovation in technology. We work hard and have good fun doing it.
We offer salaries based on your mad skills and previous experience.
Everyone gets a piece of the Awesomeness!
Every team member should get a chance at owning part of the Uprising. Our compensation includes generous stock options.
Who doesn’t like Free Drinks and Munchies?
Work hard and play hard. Many team outings help keep everyone sane (or our version of).
Choose your Toys
Mac or PC it’s your call, you just need to be able to support your own.
Open Vacation Policy
Unlimited paid time off - Take the time you need to Refresh & Recharge, just make sure it’s good for your health and the teams. One caveat...When you’re on vacation you must be ON VACATION! offline & off the grid.
Flexible Work Schedule
After one year earning your street cred’, take a trip & work remote for a month. Want to spend July working from France? As long as you can be online when the rest of us are awake- we’re cool with it.
New Year’s Eve, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Halloween (Yes! That’s right), Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Plus 2 personal Holidays of your choosing.
We want our team to be knowledgeable on the latest and greatest technology. Technology never stops evolving and neither will we.
Located in the Heart of Chicago's Loop
Wework National building! - a beautifully renovated shared office space. Central location provides access to public transportation options. Bonus! Revival Food Hall is located on the first floor of the building, you don't need to go far to enjoy the taste of local favorites.
Senior Python Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Pythonista to...
- Leverage technology and data to connect people and make the world a better place
- Work in fast-paced technology company delivering a great product for a good cause: higher ed
- Get into “the zone” and have fun writing well-crafted code on a daily basis
- Use bleeding-edge technology to deliver cutting-edge solutions
- Work with other awesome developers as a supportive member of a diverse team
- Surf the waves of startup with a sense of humor and a smile
- Bring happiness, dedication, and transparency to work every day
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Will own key microservices (some existing, many new) of an enterprise-class Cloud SaaS webapp platform with a nearly 100% Python backend
- Help make key future technology decisions in areas such as database and data model design, search optimization, API design, authentication, and microservices architecture
- Design, prototype, code, test, and document, to take designs all the way from whiteboard architecture to production software
- Deploy via a Continuous Integration/Delivery system with automated tests
- Lead exciting (and some not-so-exciting) tech discussions and code reviews
- Contribute to an innovative, accountable, and positive engineering culture
- Collaborate with the CEO, program leads, developers, and customers to define and deliver innovative data solutions
- Work mostly onsite at office in the Chicago Loop